Accounting and Receptionist Specialist
Reports to: Comptroller
Assist the Comptroller and Chief Operating Officer as necessary in accounting/bookkeeping, facilitation and management of ministry expenses, and IT issues. Special responsibilities to maintain as confidential sensitive information related to compensation, giving records, and church strategy or financial information. Perform duties as the receptionist in the front office.
Position Status: Full-time Non-Exempt (32 hours per week)
Spiritual, Character and Professional Qualifications:
Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him. Have a history of moral purity. Team player with a positive attitude. Associate Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of two years of bookkeeping experience or Associates Degree in a related field.
- Telephone Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Attention to details
Essential Job Functions
- Record all contributions in the contributions module and general ledger, events, rents and misc. income in the general ledger module.
- Assist members with online contributions in Access ACS and resolve errors they have encountered.
- Track rental arrangements/utilities in a separate Excel spreadsheet.
- Review and post all incoming invoices for payment. Prepare documentation for new vendors if required (W-9).
- Manage the collection of receipts for credit card usage.
- Manage Sam’s gift cards via Excel spreadsheet then transferred to appropriate GLs monthly.
- Manage scholarship fund payment balances (via Excel spreadsheet)
- Provide weekly contribution reports to the Comptroller.
- Reconcile company credit cards monthly and assign expenditures to the proper ledger account.
- Complete reconciliations of banking records, payroll records, and contribution records on a monthly basis and ensure they match the trial balance/balance sheet for the month.
- Perform as a back-up to process payroll and other reports as necessary.
Day Care Assistance:
- Assist with facilitating and tracking inspections for licenses and permits.
- Assist in coordinating daycare events with church schedules.
- Post all income, create and post expense invoices.
General Comprehensive/Liability/Workers Comp Insurance
- Manage insurance payments and distribute between entities/properties as per spreadsheet
General Office and Receptionist
- Filing, correspondence, manage renewals and payments for Business Reply Mail and Permit Indicia with the Post Office.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving
- Maintain telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Maintain safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
Noah’s Ark Day Care – Assistant Caregiver
Experience preferred but not necessary. Must be flexible and willing to work with all age groups which include Infants through 5 years of age.
- Full Time position 8am – 5pm (Monday – Friday)
- Part Time positions 12pm – 6pm (Monday – Friday)
Please contact email@example.com to apply.